Oh hey! It’s been a while. A long while actually. I didn’t realize it had quite been this long. The last time I was on my blog it was because it got hacked. Nice. All is back to working order now, so that’s good.
The holiday season was really nice. I might post a few pics of some of the decorations in a few days, so stay tuned. 😉
For now, I’m going to post my 2015 Book List. I didn’t quite hit 50 books this year but I came close, 45. I honestly wasn’t sure I was even going to get that many because I was only in the 20s by the Fall. I found a few series though and plowed through. If you’d like to see last year’s list it’s posted here.
|Closer to the Edge (Playing With Fire #4)||T.E. Sivec|
|The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest||Daniel James Brown|
|Crown Me: Alexander and Clara #3 (Royals Saga)||Geneva Lee|
|The Billionaire’s Obsession: The Complete Collection Boxed Set (Mine For Tonight, Mine For Now, Mine Forever, Mine Completely) (The Billionaire’s Obsession series Book 1)||Scott, J.S.|
|Heart Of The Billionaire (The Billionaire’s Obsession, Book 2)||Scott, J. S.|
|The Billionaire’s Salvation ~Max (The Billionaire’s Obsession, Book 3)||Scott, J. S.|
|Billionaire Undone ~ Travis (The Billionaire’s Obsession, Book 5)||Scott, J. S.|
|Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments: Rose Gardner Mystery #7||Denise Grover Swank|
|Never Never: Part One of Three||Colleen Hoover|
|The Eternals||Kristie K Shafer|
|Eternally Yours (The Eternals Book 2)||Shafer, Kristie K.|
|Badass: A Stepbrother SEAL Romance||Barlow, Linda|
|Stepbrother Charming: A Billionaire Bad Boy Romance||Snow, Nicole|
|Worthy||Hyde, Catherine Ryan|
|Life As We Knew It (Life As We Knew It Series Book 1)||Pfeffer, Susan Beth|
|This World We Live In (Life As We Knew It Series Book 3)||Pfeffer, Susan Beth|
|The Dead and The Gone (Life As We Knew It Series Book 2)||Pfeffer, Susan Beth|
|The Shade of the Moon (Life As We Knew It Series Book 4)||Pfeffer, Susan Beth|
|Virulent: The Release (Virulent Book 1)||Wescott, Shelbi|
|The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up||Marie Kondo|
|Funerals for Horses||Hyde, Catherine Ryan|
|The System (Virulent Book 2)||Wescott, Shelbi|
|The Variables (Virulent Book 3)||Wescott, Shelbi|
|The Color of Water in July||Carroll, Nora|
|Out on a Limb: A Smoky Mountain Mystery||Jourdan, Carolyn|
|Pines (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 1)||Blake Crouch|
|The Last Town (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 3)||Crouch, Blake|
|Wayward (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 2)||Crouch, Blake|
|Primal Fear||Diehl, William|
|The Martian: A Novel||Andy Weir|
|Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys Book 1)||Elle Casey|
|Dirty English||Madden-Mills, Ilsa|
|Hard to Let Go: A Hard Ink Novel||Laura Kaye|
|Shine Not Burn||Elle Casey|
|MacKenzie Fire: A Sequel to Shine Not Burn||Elle Casey|
|The Survivors Book 1: Summer||V.L. Dreyer|
|The Survivors Book II: Autumn||V.L. Dreyer|
|The Survivors Book III: Winter||V.L. Dreyer|
|The Survivors Book IV: Spring||V.L. Dreyer|
|In the waning light||Loreth Anne White|
|Crave Me (Royals Saga 1: Smith and Belle)||Geneva Lee|
|Covet Me (Royals Saga 2: Smith and Belle)||Geneva Lee|
|Capture Me (Royals Saga 3: Smith and Belle)||Geneva Lee|
A few highlights from this year’s list:
- Life As We Knew It – series. A post apocalyptic series about what happens when a meteor hits the Moon. I enjoyed the first two books. Each book was set with different characters who eventually connected in Book 3. In Book 1, we meet Miranda and her family. We follow them through the first year following the meteor collision with the moon. This causes earthquakes, tsunamis that wipe out many major cities, and a sky full of volcanic ash that blocks the sun. In Book 2 we follow Alex and his family during the same time frame in a different city. Book 3 finds the 2 groups meeting and struggling to survive. Book 4 is a continuation of Book 3 but 2 years later. I personally didn’t care for Book 4 and I’m not sure you miss much stopping at Book 3.
- The Virulent – series. A post apocalyptic series about what happens when an act of bioterrorism is unleashed. We follow Lucy, her brother, and her friends as they make their way to rest of Lucy’s family. I don’t want to say too much more because I feel like that might give some away. It’s worth the read and one of the better series I read.
- Wayward Pines – If you watched the TV show then you should definitely read the books! I think the books were SOOO much better than the series. I read the books first and then watched the series. I was pretty disappointed with the TV adaption. *As a side note, I read book 3 before I read book 2. Somehow I got out of order and there was some major freak outage when I realized what I’d done. So be careful!
- The Martian – Again, I read the book and then saw the movie. Unlike Wayward Pines, they did a wonderful job of following the book. While it wasn’t spot on, which they rarely are, I felt like you didn’t really need to read the book if you saw the movie. The book goes into a lot of technical details that they gloss over in the movie, but honestly, I glossed over a lot of that because, well it was over my head. 😉
- The Survivors Book – series. Yet another post apocalyptic series (I’m hooked!) This one is set in New Zealand following an Ebola type outbreak. The difference here is that the virus doesn’t kill everyone and some of those people end up in a Zombie like state. It wasn’t heavily focused on that though. We find Sandy ten years after the initial outbreak struggling to survive, alone. Along the way she begins to meet more people and adds them to her group. Sandy slowly becomes the leader of the group, and eventually the face for a new start. I blew through the last 3 books in a matter of days. This was probably my favorite series of last year.
- Wrong Number, Right Guy – this was a pretty fun book to read. I found it similar to the Hard Ink series. I’ve only read the 1st book but I will most like read a few more. If you want action and romance, this is your book.
I hope that this list helps if you are looking for something to read.