web analytics

It’s sleeting it’s snowing, it’s a slushy disaster

Last week I went to the doctor and he discovered I had a minor issue caused by my first surgery. Since we wanted to get this taken care of as soon as possible, they were able to squeeze me in yesterday. We were told this procedure would take about 10 mins and they would use a milder sedation.

Matt and I arrived at the surgery center around 9am. By 9:30 I was back in pre-op going over the necessary information, getting an IV, and waiting until the doctor arrived. I asked the nurse if he was running on schedule and she said I was his first appt so who knew. Around 11:00 she said he was running late, shocker, and it would be about 11:30 before we got started. Matt and I chuckled a little knowing he is always late. We were pretty surprised when he popped his head in a few minutes later. The OR nurses came to get me and by 11:15 I was headed to the OR.


I was much less groggy when I woke up this time. The nurse asked me a few questions and then sent someone to get Matt. I finally asked him what time it was and he told me 1:30. What should have been a 10 min procedure took about an hour and a half. There were other issues from the last surgery he found which caused the procedure to run longer. I felt relatively well considering and the nurse said once I got dressed we could leave.

We got home around 2:00 and Matt got me settled on the couch. Then he ran to get my meds. I spent most of the night lying on the couch. Unfortunately I felt more nauseous this time which kind of sucked. I went to bed early knowing I would probably just work from home today. The weather report was calling a wintry mix. Plus the nurses said I couldn’t shower for 24 hours. No way I was going to work unshowered. Nor was I going to risk driving on ice on pain killers.

This morning Matt and I got up and set up shop downstairs. He decided to work from home as well because our new TV was being delivered. Thankfully the delivery guy got here about 9 because around 10:30 it started sleeting and then it turned to snow for a while. About noon it stopped snowing and starting with the freezing rain. Matt ran out to grab some lunch before the roads got too bad and then salted the driveway. Now our pretty snow-covered street is a slush filled disaster. I was really looking forward to snow but per doctor’s orders there would be no sledding for me even if we got snow. 🙁



Oh, I forgot mention I got a sled last weekend? I got a sled last weekend at Target for $5.00. Woo hoo!


Also Mr. Julio has been a great, yet needy, coworker today.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *